Monday, November 1, 2010

Let's Get Started

Here's the deal:

I love food.  I'll say it until the day I die.  

But more than food, I love people.  I like talking to people, listening to stories, hearing opinions, learning about them, etc. 

So the plan is this:  I want to learn about the people that own/run locally owned restaurants.  I want to hear their stories, hear their opinions, follow their recommendations, and support their business.

I plan to setup interviews with the owners as I try out their top two best selling menu items and any specialty drinks they offer and then write about my experience.  I want to be as positive as possible even if the experience wasn't that positive.

I hope to promote these locally owned companies and just learn more about the people in my community.  And eat some amazing food.

If you have any suggestions of restaurants for me to try, let me know!  I am open to any kind of food and am willing to travel anywhere in Arizona to try it out.

5 comments:

  1. Over Easy
    4730 E. Indian School Road
    Phoenix, AZ 85018
    602-468-3447

    If you haven’t tried Over Easy you need to. They have a very unique and delicious breakfast, from an egg white omelet with asparagus to French toast with caramelized pecans and the kids will love the M&M’s pancakes, plus more.
    Saw it on TV and it looked so good. All made fresh from the best ingredients.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try Duane's Bestfriend Doughboy's (Joey) resturant. It is in downtown phoenix and it is so good. Small menu but great and homemade tortillas right there in the shop! It is called VERDE! Red chile is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Pomegranate Cafe
    4025 E. Chandler Blvd., Suite 28
    Phoenix, AZ, 85048

    An Indulgently Healthy Cafe.

    I have wanted to try this one forever. Let me know if it works out. Pictures sure look good.

    ReplyDelete